Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default your FSU-MOB wants to import extended family

quote: i live in a small village.
    here a few men married "exotic" women: a few from Cuba; a couple from Brazil.
    There are a couple cases in this stupid village of wealthy men taken to the cleaners by exotic women and ending up in a trailer, but i'm NOT talking about those.
    I'm talking about "still married" people.
    Well, A L L of them have this in common: the exotic woman (not MOBs) brought over her sister(s), cousins, parents or the like: all of them imported AT LEAST ONE RELATIVE, at the expenses of the western sucker.
    quote:Re: extended family. I have no doubt that you have examples of why you feel a RW feels she has trapped her man and now wants to bring all the grandmas over. While I've not seen this personally...

Every last one of the FSU wives in my extended circle have brought over extended family.

Julija from St. Petersburg, father and mother...
    Okasana from Yoshkar-Ola, mother and daughter from prior relationship...
    Kristina from Riga, mother and grandmother...
    Olga from Yekaterinburg, son with MS in wheelchair...
    Vasilisa from Kiev, mother...
    Anna from St. Petersburg, mother...

The AM's in each of these relationships provide 100% support for the extended family members (with exception noted below), and some also send remittances home. They also pay for legal fees associated with INS difficulties. The lone exception is Olga, who took a job on the west coast where she lives in a hotel with her male boss. Her 60 y.o. AM takes care of the disabled child in her absence. She returns every other weekend.

Curiously...or not so curiously...my last couple of MOB attempts instantly failed when i made clear beyond the shadow of doubt that i am not going to import/sponsor anyone's extended family.
    I am not taking sides and making moral judgements: it just isn't what i want and it isn't only (or mostly) a matter of money.
    In-laws/relatives are known to be deal-breakers and pests, and i need no pests in my life.
    The above in turn questions how much the women were in the process for my wonderful self and how much for sullen, commodious, private reasons.

Cooldadman says, "Re: extended family. I have no doubt that you have examples of why you feel a RW feels she has trapped her man and now wants to bring all the grandmas over. While I've not seen this personally..."

Every last one of the FSU wives in my extended circle have brought over extended family.

The AM's in each of these relationships provide 100% support for the extended family members (with exception noted below), and some also send remittances home. They also pay for legal fees associated with INS difficulties. The lone exception is Olga, who took a job on the west coast where she lives in a hotel with her male boss. Her 60 y.o. AM takes care of the disabled child in her absence. She returns every other weekend.

These six FSU women together accounted for an additional nine FSU immigrants.

If you ask any of these 15 people if life is better in America or the FSU, they will all tell you that life is better in the FSU. I have sat at parties and gatherings and listened to the FSU crowd explain in all sincerity that America sucks in every way possible. Which really begs the question. If you hate it here so much, why don't you just go back home?

Cooldadman says, "Re: extended family. I have no doubt that you have examples of why you feel a RW feels she has trapped her man and now wants to bring all the grandmas over. While I've not seen this personally..."

These six FSU women together accounted for an additional nine FSU immigrants.

If you ask any of these 15 people if life is better in America or the FSU, they will all tell you that life is better in the FSU. I have sat at parties and gatherings and listened to the FSU crowd explain in all sincerity that America sucks in every way possible. Which really begs the question. If you hate it here so much, why don't you just go back home?

Amerikansi, while I've not seen what you describe on a large or consistent scale, I agree with your last statement about liking it here or going home. There is a natural stage when an immigrant comes here at first with homesickness, etc, but eventually most of the RW I've encountered go thru a process of learning to love life in the USA after the first couple of adjustment years.

Comparisons between expats is a natural thing. When I meet an American in the FSU the conversation at some point will turn to a comparison between life at home and life in the FSU. And yes we do complain about how slow, or backward things can be, how things never seem to work, the red tape hassles, etc. But I would never insult a country in the presence of it's citizens so in mixed company have learned to keep my mouth shut.

For a few years I was part of a Russian/American culture society in my state. We had monthly gatherings of anywhere from 40 to 80 people depending on the month and the average attendees were made up of immigrant families along with AM and their RW/UW wives. I'll never forget one evening when we were making introductions around the meeting room and one older man, recently from Belarus, stood up and in halting English spoke his name and where he was from. Apparently he had been granted entrance on some sort of a political visa.

After saying his name and city in English he switched to Russian and immediately went into a sort of mini-tirade about how the CCCP was better, the USA was to blame for the fall of communism, etc, etc, etc. I was amazed at our government for letting in someone on a political visa, who was full of hate for this country. This was during the time that then-president Bill Clinton was publicly taking Belarus to task for it's dictatorship.

It was heart-warming to hear the chorus from Russian-American immigrants, yelling at him in Russian to sit down, shut up, and go back home if he didn't like it here. A bunch of them gave him a verbal lashing at his motives of saying such outrageous things when he was a very recent guest of this country.

As I sat there in amazement at what was taking place, it was a reminder to myself that we are a country of immigrants and easily forget that fact. My grandparents immigrated here from the Netherlands and I know that the family went thru an adjustment period. After my grandmother died my grandfather returned because he just felt more comfortable there. But he never complained publically or was rude about the USA. It was just his personal choice of where to spend his final days.

But given the choice I'd personally rather have immigrants from the FSU than from certain Islamic countries. Just look at the radical changes going on in France, Sweden and the Netherlands for instance. And some of those countries are just a generation away from a Muslim majority and then the idea of head covering for women and bans on alcohol, movies, popular music and art could be easily introduced.

Amerikansi, while I've not seen what you describe on a large or consistent scale, I agree with your last statement about liking it here or going home. There is a natural stage when an immigrant comes here at first with homesickness, etc, but eventually most of the RW I've encountered go thru a process of learning to love life in the USA after the first couple of adjustment years.

Comparisons between expats is a natural thing. When I meet an American in the FSU the conversation at some point will turn to a comparison between life at home and life in the FSU. And yes we do complain about how slow, or backward things can be, how things never seem to work, the red tape hassles, etc. But I would never insult a country in the presence of it's citizens so in mixed company have learned to keep my mouth shut.

For a few years I was part of a Russian/American culture society in my state. We had monthly gatherings of anywhere from 40 to 80 people depending on the month and the average attendees were made up of immigrant families along with AM and their RW/UW wives. I'll never forget one evening when we were making introductions around the meeting room and one older man, recently from Belarus, stood up and in halting English spoke his name and where he was from. Apparently he had been granted entrance on some sort of a political visa.

After saying his name and city in English he switched to Russian and immediately went into a sort of mini-tirade about how the CCCP was better, the USA was to blame for the fall of communism, etc, etc, etc. I was amazed at our government for letting in someone on a political visa, who was full of hate for this country. This was during the time that then-president Bill Clinton was publicly taking Belarus to task for it's dictatorship.

It was heart-warming to hear the chorus from Russian-American immigrants, yelling at him in Russian to sit down, shut up, and go back home if he didn't like it here. A bunch of them gave him a verbal lashing at his motives of saying such outrageous things when he was a very recent guest of this country.

As I sat there in amazement at what was taking place, it was a reminder to myself that we are a country of immigrants and easily forget that fact. My grandparents immigrated here from the Netherlands and I know that the family went thru an adjustment period. After my grandmother died my grandfather returned because he just felt more comfortable there. But he never complained publically or was rude about the USA. It was just his personal choice of where to spend his final days.

But given the choice I'd personally rather have immigrants from the FSU than from certain Islamic countries. Just look at the radical changes going on in France, Sweden and the Netherlands for instance. And some of those countries are just a generation away from a Muslim majority and then the idea of head covering for women and bans on alcohol, movies, popular music and art could be easily introduced.

quote:Originally posted by cooldadman

Amerikansi, But given the choice I'd personally rather have immigrants from the FSU than from certain Islamic countries. Just look at the radical changes going on in France, Sweden and the Netherlands for instance. And some of those countries are just a generation away from a Muslim majority and then the idea of head covering for women and bans on alcohol, movies, popular music and art could be easily introduced.
    Who cares what you preferences are, Cooldadman?. Since when were YOU given the sole right to decide who comes to America or elsewhere??.

Care to mention those 'certain countries' Cooldadman?. Why bother even making the statement in the first place?. You continue making claims without providing a SHRED of evidence.

I am not a Muslim by the way.

I would have thought you should have looked closer to home if you wanted to make criticisms on radicalism. You know the likes of Bush, Wolfowitz, Cheney and poor old Rumsfeld?????.

No its not just REPUBLICANS either. American governments of all shades supported even sponsored terrorism that leads to the deaths of countless civilians. Think Iraq, Indochina, Central America just for starters.

It wasn't that long ago that blacks were being lynched in Southern US states.

quote:Originally posted by cooldadman

Amerikansi, But given the choice I'd personally rather have immigrants from the FSU than from certain Islamic countries. Just look at the radical changes going on in France, Sweden and the Netherlands for instance. And some of those countries are just a generation away from a Muslim majority and then the idea of head covering for women and bans on alcohol, movies, popular music and art could be easily introduced.
    Who cares what you preferences are, Cooldadman?. Since when were YOU given the sole right to decide who comes to America or elsewhere??.

Care to mention those 'certain countries' Cooldadman?. Why bother even making the statement in the first place?. You continue making claims without providing a SHRED of evidence.

I am not a Muslim by the way.

I would have thought you should have looked closer to home if you wanted to make criticisms on radicalism. You know the likes of Bush, Wolfowitz, Cheney and poor old Rumsfeld?????.

No its not just REPUBLICANS either. American governments of all shades supported even sponsored terrorism that leads to the deaths of countless civilians. Think Iraq, Indochina, Central America just for starters.

It wasn't that long ago that blacks were being lynched in Southern US states.

Actually I do have a voice, as does every American. If I remember correctly you aren't American so who would you be to know if individual Americans do have choices.

Shred of evidence? Ever turned on the TV while France was burning last year? Or maybe you don't trust anything said not tied to an internet url.

Why don't you start by showing evidence that countries like France and the Netherlands aren't beginning to deal with the demographic changes I mentioned. Are you that sheltered that you haven't noticed?

I'll be waiting for your proof.

Blacks being lynched in southern America? Yes, true...around the same time you Italians were helping Hitler bake the Jews in ovens. Good one, Bach.

Actually I do have a voice, as does every American. If I remember correctly you aren't American so who would you be to know if individual Americans do have choices.

Shred of evidence? Ever turned on the TV while France was burning last year? Or maybe you don't trust anything said not tied to an internet url.

Why don't you start by showing evidence that countries like France and the Netherlands aren't beginning to deal with the demographic changes I mentioned. Are you that sheltered that you haven't noticed?

I'll be waiting for your proof.

Blacks being lynched in southern America? Yes, true...around the same time you Italians were helping Hitler bake the Jews in ovens. Good one, Bach.

I am not Italian. Not sure where that came from.

I am well aware of some of the 'unrest' in Paris and other places. Sure, the media did a great job in pointing out the violence but chose to ignore the isolation and poverty that lead to such outbursts. That part of the story was of no interest.

As to ytour 'demographic changes' you make such an assertion based on a few news reports?. What kind of 'journalist" are you?. I mean what research have you PERSONALLY conducted to make such statements??.

Your comment about the Italian Jews was totally inappropriate and offensive. So you are saying EVERY Italian was a supporter of Mussolini and Antisemitism??.Where are the Italian versions of Auschwitz, Chelmno, Sobibor, Treblinka and Madjanek?. They were in the so called General Government of Nazi controlled Poland.

Why is it the German population GENERALLY did so little to protest against the Nazi Regime (an exception would be the protests against arresting Bishops who spoke out publicly against the Euthanasia Programmes in the PreWar years.)

Wasn't it the Italians who strung Mussolini up by the feet in Milan along with his Mistress??. The King of Italy who dismissed Mussolini?.

When did the German people show similar courage??.

The Americans knew about the existence of Auschwitz long before it was Liberated by the Red Army. They could have destroyed the railway to Birkenau but decided it wasn't a priority. They had even photographed the camp in flyovers.

The British turned fleeing Jewish refugees back from Palestine during the Holocaust. Britain being more concerned with the stability of its Empire.

Do you remember Rodney King??. That was a hell of a lot more recent than the 1940's my friend.