Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Default MEN CAN BE SCAMMERS TOO

I have been a member of an age gap dating site for over a year and I would say, in retrospect, that at least SIX different younger males attempted to scam me. At least they were POSING as younger males. As soon as they discovered that I was not a wealthy older woman seeking a boytoy to lavish with expensive gifts and sexual favors, they vanished. They all claimed to be financially well off, but it seems that some family drama devoured their fortune and now how is he going to afford to (insert your favorite thing that costs lots of money) keep his business going, afford plane tickets....blah blah blah. Additionally, I DID have one Nigerian scammer who went by the name of Craig and claimed to have a USA address in Oregon. He said he was working in Nigeria and invited me to call him. His voice was soft but there was something different about the English accent. Oh and of course he was VERY insulted when I implied that he may not really be from the US. The others were Americans with bonafide local phone numbers....although one fellow seems to live in every area code of New York. He set me up for a MONTH before he finally hinted around for money. When I continued to ignore him, he vanished with no explanation. My point here is that while most of the scammers seem to be women on this site, the male scammers are growing in numbers so frightening that I only trust my girlfriends on the site now. Any thoughts?

I'm not sure what "age gap dating" site means, but if that supposedly caters to people seeking much younger dates, [u]thenit is kind of asking for it.
    My looks are poor and i haven't got enough money or status to make up for it.
    If i were specifically seeking much younger mates blessed with especially good looks, then i'd be sure to meet only gold diggers, scammers and novelty seekers.
    Sure, both sexes & in-between can pitch the same sale about mysterious travel-visa/accident-distress events and bottom line send those darn $200, 300, 665 so they can relieve distress and you both can live happily ever after.
    Mostly you get someone typing away on a keyboard, probably using stolen pictures, and finally laughing his way to the bank.

Honey I'm sorry you feel that way about yourself, but I am a stunning older woman who has a right to be fussy. I take care of myself and i am well read and a creative person. Point is, no matter how we look, we can be victims. So please spare me the low self esteem card.

quote:Originally posted by VenusDarkStar

Honey I'm sorry you feel that way about yourself, but I am a stunning older woman who has a right to be fussy. I take care of myself and i am well read and a creative person. Point is, no matter how we look, we can be victims. So please spare me the low self esteem card.
    who cares...
    [)]
    So you think you're hot stuff...that you have "rights"...?
    Sorry Elizabeth Taylor, but none cares who you THINK you are, or what YOU think the world OWES you.
    It is a cat & mouse game.
    So you just go ahead and play that game; sooner or later you'll find someone who'll take you for all you've got...well deserved.
    It's like those men in their 50-60s who THINK they CAN attract hotties young enough to be their (grand)daughters.
    Do they do that for self-esteem reasons? YOU tell me darling! []
    Another self-proclaimed supermodel chasing love online...and i thought supermodels did NOT need the internet...[xx(]

Here is some advice for you originally written for men:

quote: If I had a NICKEL for all the gents who profess to look 10 years younger, still have bangs and polish that Colgate smile routinely, I could read about myself in Fortune?s 400. In all honestly, I like to lump myself into that group as well, and have actually convinced myself that I have not gained a year in appearance in the last 10 years. But the real truth is ? I am 46 years old, tire out quicker than I did 10 years ago when I go backpacking, cannot work out with the same intensity at the gym in the morning, and go to bed earlier. I still exercise religiously, have all my hair, and guess what ? look 46 years old when I hold up a picture of myself at 35 against the mirror when I shave in the mornings.

In essence, what you are asking, is because you take care of yourself and father-time has been good to you, will a young attractive girl from the FSU perceive you as a man 10 years younger than you are? The answer is, ?DON?T BELIEVE THAT DRIBBLE FOR ONE MOMENT!!? Unless you are loaded, and I mean loaded, you MAY last to the second Green Card until she tires of you.

Who the hell do you think you are? Who appointed you as judge and jury? My preferences have nothing to do with this forum. We are supposed to be here as a support group. Perhaps I was mistaken. Now please cease fire.

And by the way.....you are completely OFF TOPIC. You took my age gap references and ran away with it. Telling me that my preference for younger men is "asking for it" is like telling a rape victim who showed a little cleavage that "she had it coming to her".

quote: but I am a stunning older woman who has a right to be fussy
    after your statement above there is little -if anything- left to run away with.

quote: Telling me that my preference for younger men is "asking for it" is like telling a rape victim who showed a little cleavage that "she had it coming to her".
    well, sort of.
    Enter a dirty pub packed with drunk thugs, dressed like a wh-re, then take the poorly lit back alley to walk home alone. Isn't that "asking for it"?
    Or the usual advice for tourists in underdeveloped areas: look inconspicuous & do not show wads of foreign currency around. You might attract undue attention...and not the back patting attention you are seeking.
    Is this nonsense?

quote: Who the hell do you think you are? Who appointed you as judge and jury?
    This is a public place & people can say what they think. That is my opinion.

quote:My preferences have nothing to do with this forum.

I did not ask you to change your lifestyle; it's not my problem...BUT! since [u]you complained about so many scam attempts, it is not a really wild guess that THAT IS A RISK COMING WITH THE TERRITORY (=chasing younger mates).
    One might love drinking but drinking is a territory coming with risks...cops might revoke your driving license; you might kill someone; you might drink too much and hurt yourself...etc.
    People out there really care very little if you need a truck to haul your ego...
    It is a matter of statistics...play the game long enough & you'll be caught off guard.
    A world famous XVIII century german archaeologist ( Winckelmann ) was murdered like a dog in a third rate hostel by a petty criminal to whom he had inadvertently showed some precious medals empress Maria Theresa had given him...go figure if they care about you.
    Sweet Dreams princess!
    [)][8D]