Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Translation/English lessons SCAM

Boo Hoo for me, but I've been trying to find a "real" girl for a while with no success. I know I'm not alone.

Recently, I've noticed the scam seems to be swinging from 2 months or 20 letters and the passport/visa scam to 4 letters and a letter from the translation agency because Ivan can't pay for correspondence anymore.

I'm curious to know how far spread this "new" scam has spread?

Beware certain sites like hornymatches.com. Look and laugh, but don't touch. You'll find at least 20 free member profiles with suggestive to spread leg nude pics looking for "true love".

The site shows login info. These profiles are usually logged on 24/7.

The big scam is translation/English lessons.

Check it out... or don't. I'm not an ad. I just want input from others if you guys have noticed that this seems to be "the new scam" of choice.

My thoughts are that they can ask for money after only a few letters, and it's steady cash instead of waiting 2 or 3 months and asking for passport/visa money.

Train returns

Yeah guys, I realized I left out the "L" in English!!!

Train returns

That is a big money maker for them I found out the hard way after 19 months but in that time she was using that same place for 5 months and then she told me she quit using it but then I find out she was till doing it with other men sending the moola for lessons and translations.Plus you figure out all the gifts and if they have flats to rent hell it adds up.

I've noticed that it seems to go four letters from the "girl" and then the letter from the translation agency. I have two e-mail accounts, so I will often write to a girl and change my name from Bob to Rob. I actually have my own pre-written form letters.

If a girl actually answers most of my questions, I start writing personally. The translation scam is after 4 letters like clock work.

"You know I not learn English as child" or " Even? though? I? do? not? speak? English,? I use a translating? company? which? ranslates? your? and my letter and types them(do? not? laugh? at? me? ,? but? manicurists are not taught to use computers)," are set up lines that come in the first or second letter, so if you read this in your "penpal's" letter, be ready for letter 5 to be from the service telling you that the girl is really interested in you, but can't afford to pay for the service.

I actually bothered to get a price list from a couple of these agencies. I'll post them next time if I remember where I filed them.

jake4234, thanks for your feedback. Sorry you learned the hard way. I've been trying to talk about this scam as much as I can so guys know it's out there. I just want to know how big it is.

Train returns

it's all a damn joke.
    there probably is just a "friendly translator" with stolen pics on the other end, or a woman getting 10% of the revenue.

quote: I'm curious to know how far spread this "new" scam has spread?
    the oldest kind around.

quote:My thoughts are that they can ask for money after only a few letters, and it's steady cash instead of waiting 2 or 3 months and asking for passport/visa money.
    maybe ten years ago, not now.
    Media started to run sensationalized news about MOB/WWW/LD romance scams; many men scammed or taken to the cleaners have voiced it around. Many forums contribute to the awareness.
    Eight or ten years ago one might just be uninformed or disinformed, but today men can hear another bell tolling in town, not just Oleg's dying grandpa and Yana's need for $400 so she avoids a gang rape...
    Of course there'll always be a sucker going back for another treatment, but fewer and farther between as time goes, so scammers must kind of tend to their precious clients.
    The vastest % of agencies are a rip-off and always have been, anyways...domestic ones aren't different: YAHOO & MATCH-COM have been sued over the exact terms of faking profiles etc.

Hey ham! Maybe it's just me? I've only done the looking for love in the FSU thing for about 8 months. For the first 7 months, I was hit with the old passport/visa scam scenario several times. I paid scam check agencies when I became suspicious and learned my suspicions were right when addresses turned out to be vacant lots, etc...

I've learned what to look for since then from people like you in these forums and don't need scam checkers to tell me what I already know anymore.... Thanks!

It's only been the passed month that I've been seeing the translation/ English lessons scam, but you say it's been around for a while?

Maybe it's the rush job that the scammers are putting on it now? It's 4 letters from the "girl" and the 5th is always from a "translation" agency saying she can't afford to pay anymore, but it's obvious to them that she's really interested in your correspondence.

The agencies I speak of aren't the date sites themselves ( although it's possible they have their hands in it too), but a mass of supposed translation companies that help these "women" who don't know a lot, or any English ( or I imagine whatever language the "victim" speaks).

I have to say that I strongly believe this to be an organized ring that monitors forums like this one. The hornymatches.com profiles that I mentioned dissappeared soon after I referred to them in a posting in this forum.

Train returns

to work best, any scam scheme needs collaboration from the victim, in the form of emotional needs, and/or shared beliefs or prejudices.
    Think about how bogus penis pills, trim-my-waist remedies, MLM forex trading schemes "of the wealthy'n'famous" have been around for ages...in spite of their eminently useless nature, the originator and head perpetrators of such rip-offs made MILLIONS, much like in the cosmetics realm...face it, there is just no mask or tonic able to revert the age clock to 20 years ago for women...but men want to be like hunks from soap operas, ignoring how these hard bodies use quantities of steroids and amphetamines...and nothing on earth can modify your skull to give you the babyface of that cute gay cover model boy teenagers drool over.

Back on topic...most men are not interested in FSU culture at all; they want hot bodies & young meat, period. If these blonde bimbos were from Greenland, they all would be fans of the polar north.
    As well, men consequently think "if she must live here, she must speak my language".
    On the other end lazy Boris is picking his teeth after dining out at "Chez Maurice" a $100 meal, courtesy of Kamala, an african man from Uganda who wired money to Olga, a 19yo beauty pageant.
    Boris is too happy to play along with the man's assumed truths, so send money for English lessons...

Hey ham! I'm going to try the quote thing to reply to a couple of specifics.

quote:most men are not interested in FSU culture at all;
    My first FSU experience was with what turned out to be a scammer who I contacted on a non-FSU dating site. "She" confessed being from Russia in "her" second or third e-mail. I didn't know about scammers yet, and continued correspondence.

Believe it or not, I actually became interested in "her" culture. It was this interest that probably saved my butt. I began googling Russia and tried to learn about the culture of the girl I had become infatuated with.

It was these searches that lead me to learn about the numerous FSU date sites, as well as "The Russian Bride Scam" and anti-scam sites and forums like this one.

quote:As well, men consequently think "if she must live here, she must speak my language".
    Certainly, I would prefer to meet a girl that speaks English, but I also have been trying to learn some Russian. I'm actually one of the sincere guys who has become infatuated with an ideal. I am also not a one way type of person and feel that it's appropriate for me to make an effort to learn at least a basic ability to speak the language of a girl who may leave her homeland to be with me, if I ever find a "real" girl and not another Boris some day.

quote:they want hot bodies & young meat, period.
    Certainly there are some truths to the hope of finding an attractive younger girl. Why spend time searching for an old hag? I'm 10 years older than my last American girlfriend. That lasted for almost 7 years.

I'm almost 44 and really don't think I'm being unreasonable to look at girls in their 30's.

Also, it should be realized that it is important for a young lady to know the language of the country she is about to live in, not for the guy's sake, but for her's.

It will be hard enough on her dealing with "culture shock". Imagine being alone and unable to communicate with anyone around you with only a man you've known only through e-mail as your ONLY link to this strange new world?

I think that some men may prefer that. It would create a total dependence on the man. This situation would only satisfy the man's own insecurities as he would now have his beautiful trophy and no other man can talk to her because she won't understand. I don't think it's right to isolate a girl that way.

So the real problem with this scam is how to figure out if she's real because language lessons IS a legitimate expense for a girl who may be moving to a new country.

Train returns

quote:if she's real because language lessons IS a legitimate expense for a girl who may be moving to a new country.
    seeking love is legitimate...yet for any legitimate need, you'll have conpeople ready to stage a play to get money...while having no interest whatsoever in you.
    Hell, even seeking to improve one's looks is legitimate, but there is when bogus cures & tonics get a chance to close a sale...

Hey ham, what you said is 100% true. The problem we all face is how to weed out the scammers. These a@#holes have screwed up the whole thing to the point where it's almost assumed the girl you're writing to is Boris until proven otherwise.

The next problem is HOW to spot the smarter scammers without alienating a girl who may be "real".

Stupid scammers are easy... e-mail #4 "I love you! Send me $700 via WU for a passport/ visa so I can be with you..." or "here's my naked pic" followed by "I love you! Send me $700 via WU for a passport/ visa so I can be with you..."

And how can a guy tell when English lessons aren't a scam? Sure you might think that if you travel to meet the girl first and you make plans for her to visit you, that this would then be legitimate?

Train returns