Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

quote:And how can a guy tell when English lessons aren't a scam? Sure you might think that if you travel to meet the girl first and you make plans for her to visit you, that this would then be legitimate?
    not a fool-proof answer, but a good start.
    as well, remember there are good-time girls and gold diggers out there.
    They can easily entertain visiting strangers hoping to cash whatever advantage.
    Some are known to have their "preferred shops": they lure you into buying them something in a given shop, then might bring the item back & anyways get a commission.
    Some agencies are known to stampede clients into using only "certain" restaurants or cab services...
    It is difficult to know what's in one's mind...is it love or is she faking it?
    What i [u]CAN tell is that there are suckers in this game, and money to be made...therefore people with less than godly morals will do or say anything to help themselves to that money.

I realize that nothing about FSU dating is 100%. I'd just love to get the odds up to 70/30 (or better???)... Especially if it comes to getting on the plane.

It's almost pathetic what I've been doing to "weed" out the scammers, but it will only get me so far in the game.

Translation scammers show there hand early. I've noticed the set up letter that I referred to in a previous posting.

quote:"You know I not learn English as child" or " Even though I do not speak English, I use a translating company which ranslates your and my letter and types them(do not laugh at me , but manicurists are not taught to use computers),"
    I expect the girl to run out of money by e-mail #5. EASY!!!

Forgive me, but I have form letters now too. Insert the basic info, put the girl's name in a few key spots, answer a few questions and I'm just like them.

I start really paying attention around the 3rd or 4th letter.

When "she" tells me I'm the only one she's writing to, I pull out my other e-mail address, change my name from Bob to Rob, and become a retired US Navy SEAL with some pics I pulled off the net. My intro is... "I'm so glad you showed interest in me on the website...."

It's basically a line I stole from a scammer that must have gotten my address through their network, because I had NO clue who this girl was that was writing to me. I figure the scammer won't take the time to research every name on every site to see if I'm a legitimate sucker and will send me another form letter.

Anyway, if this girl who swore that the real me, Bob, was the ONLY person she was writing to begins corresponding with "Rob", and "Rob" gets the same letters and the same pics, BUSTED!!!! Easy enough to spot. Right?

If she doesn't reply to "Rob"... and you can't find her in any data base.... What next???

What can a guy try to catch the "gold digger" who will let you fly to wherever and then try to con you, BEFORE a guy actually gets on the plane??? Another anti-scam background check????

Put on your thinking cap buddy! Thanks!!!

Train returns

quote: What can a guy try to catch the "gold digger" who will let you fly to wherever and then try to con you, BEFORE a guy actually gets on the plane??? Another anti-scam background check????

Put on your thinking cap buddy! Thanks!!!
    I'm afraid there is no solution.
    Women are women...from another country, not another planet.
    True, MOB-shopping might (under appropriate circumstances ) offer some advantages, namely pretti-ER women, more generally approachable, with less red carpet than at home...but this statement shall be qualified in very strict terms...there is no free meal.
    When push comes to shove, one will have to deal:
    1 with the burdens of conventional dating, EG man/woman issues etc. AND
    2 extra burdens associated with the MOB process, EG culture difference, travelling, etc.
    Failure to solve any of the above will negate the advantages above, EG a woman you don't understand, can't go along with or can visit only once in three years...sure, a sex tour is always possible.

Some women go as far as marrying men, and wait years, have children before heaving the divorce bomb...how far is the limit?

Honestly, the "sex tour" isn't my style. I personally think the guys who do that are pieces of sh!t, and are scammers themselves. They only add fuel to the fire and make it harder for a "real" guy to meet a "real" girl.

Besides, if a piece of ace was all I was after, I can think of a few strippers that use to work with my X that would do just fine (again). Hey, it was a phase I went through [u]AFTER[u] I left my X.

So, in a nut shell, I guess that once a guy makes it through the mine field of scammers on the net, we all still may have a sniper drawing a bead on us after the plane lands and all we can do is hope????

Train returns

quote: So, in a nut shell, I guess that once a guy makes it through the mine field of scammers on the net, we all still may have a sniper drawing a bead on us after the plane lands and all we can do is hope????
    more or less.
    Agencies & middlemen make a (good) living basically selling dreams, or the (false) promise they can control (to a telling extent at least ) a game or a situation infamous for being out of control (=dating; seeking love, call it whichever you please ).
    Truth is, they have no more control over it than you or I have; sure, if we WERE millionaires or Adones, then we surely would have much more control, but hell, millionaires and Adones do NOT go the MOB route, contrary to what some bullsh!tters online might want you to believe.
    If they were true to the way life is, they would just say:Look, here are some women who told us they'd like to meet men; yes they filled a questionnaire & mailed or uploaded their pics. More than this, we don't know.
    How many clients would such an agency have?
    Sure, some smart-mouthed agencies set their outrageous claims off with small print, but that is a cheap used car salesman's trick.

quote:Agencies & middlemen make a (good) living basically selling dreams,
    I trust the agencies about as far as I can through a mountain! There's a guy with a posting in another forum asking about RU Ladys. It sounds like he's being given the oral enima by the guy that runs it.

I clued him into RU is run by the same people as UA Ladys and to check out that forum topic and to check out here too. He sounds as naive as I was when I made my first post.

I learned a lot from people like you and a few others. I know I still have more to learn!

A girl I'm corresponding with now is exactly the type that scares me a bit. Pretty face and nice body, but not a supermodel. She's 30. I'm 44 next week. Realistically, I've dated American girls that were 10 or more years younger than me, so I don't think age is a factor.

She tells me she speaks and writes English although not perfect(no trnslation/English lessons scam), has a good paying job with the local police department, has access to a computer at work, but doesn't have a terminal at her desk(shouldn't need money for internet or agency fees). She uses a friends terminal and may not be able to write every day.

The kicker is she's from Armenia! Have you heard any horror stories about Armenian girls??? Her profile came off the site shortly after we began corresponding. She hasn't declared love or anything that would raise suspicion after 2 weeks and 6 e-mails.

Today she sent a couple of bikini pics and said she hopes I like her body, but don't ask for naked pics because she's not a prostitute and won't do that. The bikini pics raised some suspicion, but the part about not doing naked pics makes me think... OK???

Also, she said the pics were taken over the summer. My computer identified them as being from May and July 2007. She sent other pics from last winter which check as being from Nov 2006. So these aren't exactly old "stock" photos....

I know it's only two weeks, but doesn't it sound toooooo good?????

Train returns

I cannot believe that I found someone that has been getting the same emils from the same good looking blonde "Armenian" as me. It has to be. Your sept 19 posting is this same exact as what I just received from this girl. She calls herself "Dany" works at a police station, ect, ect...what a small cyberworld...unbelievable...Oh, and the swimsuit photos, now thats a model if I have ever seen one

quote:Originally posted by PeopleSmoks

quote:Agencies & middlemen make a (good) living basically selling dreams,
    I trust the agencies about as far as I can through a mountain! There's a guy with a posting in another forum asking about RU Ladys. It sounds like he's being given the oral enima by the guy that runs it.

I clued him into RU is run by the same people as UA Ladys and to check out that forum topic and to check out here too. He sounds as naive as I was when I made my first post.

I learned a lot from people like you and a few others. I know I still have more to learn!

A girl I'm corresponding with now is exactly the type that scares me a bit. Pretty face and nice body, but not a supermodel. She's 30. I'm 44 next week. Realistically, I've dated American girls that were 10 or more years younger than me, so I don't think age is a factor.

She tells me she speaks and writes English although not perfect(no trnslation/English lessons scam), has a good paying job with the local police department, has access to a computer at work, but doesn't have a terminal at her desk(shouldn't need money for internet or agency fees). She uses a friends terminal and may not be able to write every day.

The kicker is she's from Armenia! Have you heard any horror stories about Armenian girls??? Her profile came off the site shortly after we began corresponding. She hasn't declared love or anything that would raise suspicion after 2 weeks and 6 e-mails.

Today she sent a couple of bikini pics and said she hopes I like her body, but don't ask for naked pics because she's not a prostitute and won't do that. The bikini pics raised some suspicion, but the part about not doing naked pics makes me think... OK???

Also, she said the pics were taken over the summer. My computer identified them as being from May and July 2007. She sent other pics from last winter which check as being from Nov 2006. So these aren't exactly old "stock" photos....

I know it's only two weeks, but doesn't it sound toooooo good?????

Train returns

Hey pirancher! Welcome to my nightmare! It's Dany alright. She finally dropped her scam. It's the classic airfare scam.

I suggested that we meet and that I would fly to visit her. She replied that it would be better if she came to me because she lives with her parents and we couldn't be alone if I went to her.

I insisted my preference stating that I would never impose on her parenets like that and I would rent a flat. We could be intimate if we felt it was right, and I wanted to meet her parents because it would be more respectful of me. Since she spoke English, she could translate for us.

I haven't heard from her since, but I know she's still around because she just wrote to my anti-scam alter-ego. (Check out my Sept. 17th posting.)

Turns out she's blacklisted on the stop-scammers site under a different name and as Russian instead of Armenian, but it's definitely her!!!

Yea, the wet see through bikini top pic is an eye catcher! She asked me if I liked her breasts? Also, did she send you the video of her dancing? That one, she asked if I liked her ass?

I have another one that I've proposed that I visit. She's pretty smart. She said the same stuff about not being able to be intimate and I made the statement about renting a flat. She replied that it was a great idea and that she would help look for one.

Of course, she has found one for "us". She told me the price of $50 per day which is normal. She hasn't asked me to send her money...YET!!!

Train returns

quote:I suggested that we meet and that I would fly to visit her. She replied that it would be better if she came to me because she lives with her parents and we couldn't be alone if I went to her.
    so her strict family won't allow men around her AT HOME, but will allow "her" to fly 9.000km to meet and basically be at the mercy of a complete stranger?
    [:0][:0]

i agree with you Ham, good point. girl willing to travel to a complete stranger, no way, bull****!