Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Thread: psychobabbling

HI Ham and PeopleS,

thanks for your latest posts, which I found very interesting. And sorry about my own silence; my PC has been down a few days. I will once more return to this citation from PeopleS:

"Changing attitudes is a giant leap. How to do it is beyond me at this point."

and one from Ham:

"well, human psyche is like quicksands. its abyss cannot be measured."

We are very far from having a reliable map of the human psyche, but we can make reasonable approximations. If we want, that is!! Sheepwalkers don't want.

Apart from my speculations hither and dither as to the nature of reality, there is still something, which everybody can agree upon (even if they don't want to practise it), and that's a fundamental kind of honesty. Ham, PeopleS and I have arrived at this conclusion by different paths, and hopefully most of our silent readers have done it also. Even from a cynic's point of wiev, honesty is functional. If you lie to the rest of the world, it'll sooner or later get back to you. Not in the form of some divine retribution, but as a habit which will be turned inwards. You'll start lying to yourself also, rationalizing everything to your own advantage, changing your life into an inner drama, a soap-opera. Life is too tough for soap-opera dreamers to survive happily, you need observance about, what is really going on around you to be functional.

It's a bad circle to live in a soap-opera.The more mythomaniac you get, the greater problems you'll have. Mostly with authorities or friends/family walking out on you. Usually it ends as with PeopleS ex - ###(???? or the fair amount of alcoholics (and sometimes junkies) I've met. But the answer is simple and close at hand: Be honest with yourself. You don't even have to stop your career as a criminal or sociopath, as long as you admit to yourself, what you're doing. A lot of changing attitude is not quantum leaps, but the small daily decisions, which are possible to everybody. (Ofcourse you can also make quantum leaps, if you want, but we are not in the messiah business here).

The modern excuses: "My pottytraining was so bad, that I can't make decisions and I can't take responsibility" or "I believe in materialistic philosophy, making me into a pre-programmed machine. So I'm not able to act differently" can be met with: "Sorry, I ALSO had a bad pottytraining/am a soul-less machine, so when I beat you up/call the police/my lawyer, it's not personal. It's just the way things are".

To keep the popularity-index steady, I'll continue with this citation from PeopleS (it should be popular):

"Sex has always been a "dirty" subject here, where as I understand it is not so in Europe (I refer to open discussion and sex education in schools, not as though Europeans engage in open sex in the streets). It's kind of like the "forbidden fruit" of life here, and isn't something talked about by "decent" people."

The "forbidden fruit" label PeopleS here talk about is an expression of what I call "sheepwalker indoctrination". Sex has been declared "unclean" by some religious doctrines. Doctrines which have been spread at gunpoint or by propaganda. But as is the case with so many other taboos, the sexual taboos are crumbling (and we maybe get new ones instead?).

I also am not a supermale, whom women hang around in aboundance. But nonetheless I'm not going to die curious. Apart from some varieties which I have refrained from on personal grounds or moral principles, my sexual experiences have never been hampered by taboos. As long as "two consenting adults........etc" the average north european attitude is: This is OUR business. A person from this area is often well able to be a "raving sex-maniac" and still be a decent person. Only don't look to Sweden. It's too much like America this way.

It's saturday night, so here is:

The story of Elena.

Episode number three (or maybe four. Or whatever).

Resum? for new readers: Don't you mind. Nobody could follow the twists of it anyway.

The doctor from Iowa is now out money, booze and wife, but not out of rash. This is a rash from the time, when rashes were rashes, and men were men. Often together. He's now sitting with his friend, who's also a MD; the one who has supplied him with the very expensive, and equally ineffective, salve for the rash. Doctor no 1 is complaining bitterly about the faithlessness of ukrainian women, wives and bankcards.

Doctor no 2 gets ideas. He's been divorced 2-3 years now, and having his own practise, there aren't enough nurses around to help him through. Altogether he's somewhat unhinged. He decides to go and visit Elena. Rash or no rash.

As one doctor is much like the other (especially those from Iowa), his visit in Ukraine is not recorded here, but as a result, Elena has her bathroom redone by help of a donation, doctor no 2 gave her for her granny's heartoperation. This time a bypass. Though it would take some bypass to make granny functional again, as she's been dead for years, and now lives in virtual reality.

The bathroomwalls are now tastefully decorated with motives of swimmingpools and dollarbills, and the silhouette of Elena can be seen through the transparent curtains of the showercabin. Her two prominent......

-------------

STOP! WARNING!

WE MEAN IT!!

Before you can read further, you must find somewhere or someone, you can convince, that you are above age, and that you do not take part of any subversive activities (this means practically everything outside of being member of your local secret police).

Should anyone underage have sneaked in, in spite of these rigorious safety-precautions, we will on general principles use selfcensure. After all this serial is mainly for an american public, and we're not taking any risks.

--------------

.......Her two prominent ..beeb, beeb.. stands out, proud and free, just as lower down her ..beeb.. would ..beeb.. any man's ..beeb.. As she turns around in the shower, her rounded ..beeb, beeb.. are a delight to anyone, who's interested in that kind of smut.

Elena is dreaming of ..beeb..

I can see that my assistant in charge of beebs is signalling me, that our beebs have run out. This is a low-budget production, and I can assure you, that beebs are quite expensive. Good quality beebs suitable for family serials don't grow on trees. They have to be approved by The daughters, mothers, wives and other associates of the american revolution, The lesbian jihad council, Women against ..beeb.. (in case anyone wonders, they brought their own beeb), The legion of: "Would you want your daughter to marry one of THOSE?" and some gentlemen in white robes.

Anyway: .........Elena is dreaming about money, and .........

I have a strong feeling, that I have lost my audience. But considering that I'm only a substitute mailman on the beat where this studio lies, who's been hijacked into this serial on the assumption: Mailman=writing=literary=mailman, because their scriptwriter has been sober for two weeks, maybe I'm excused.

My next contribution will be a: "Behind the scenes", unless we can pry Elena away from the bathroomwall motives. But seeing she's put a cot and a waterboiler in there, the future is uncertain.

quote:We are very far from having a reliable map of the human psyche
    With good reason. From a practical stand point, I would compare mapping human psyche like mapping a twisting, turning and endless cave in total darkness. Go in too far, and your lost.

Honesty is something that is used only when convenient by far too many people. There are an endless number of "types" of lies to fit any circumstance. We all know of the "little white lie". Usually used as not to hurt someone's feelings. "Honey, does this make me look fat?" Very few men, including myself would come straight out and say yes, let alone what we might really be thinking which is, "Babe that dress makes you look like Jabba the Hut in drag." Still, I thought my girl looked really bad, I might find the courage to say something, but definitely choose my words with the utmost care and diplomacy!

Lying is easy. Sometimes it's much easier than telling the truth. Lies are necessary evils in society. If a homocidal maniac say, "Is your mom home, because I'm going to kill her if she is." I think most people would say their mom isn't home (unless of course you hate your mom, in which case, Freud was right). However there are far too many lies that aren't going to do any more than lead to bigger problems later.

And to tie this back to FSU/MOB dating... If you are serious about finding an FSU bride, there is absolutely nothing to be gained by lying about yourself, your status, your finances or anything else. FSUWs are bright, intelligent women!!! They will figure it out, and then what will you do?

My correspondence with my FSUW has been very honest from my end. I live in an apartment, not a big house with a swimming pool. I'm a commercial HVAC service tech, not a banker or the owner of the company. I'm far from rich, but I do pretty good. Not millions, but a couple thousand in the bank and 4 undeposited paychecks in my wallet because I don't need to worry about making deposits every week to barely cover my bills.

Too many men will lie to these girls about finances etc, to make themselves more desirable, and end up looking like fools when they meet the girl who thinks her man is a millionaire, when reality is he borrowed the money for the trip from his parents because even the bank would lend him money. It's no different than a guy going to meet his 5'9" 120 lb model and finding her to be 5'2" and 140 lbs.

Although, on the TV show "Sienfeld", George Kastanza when talking about passing a polygraph said, "It isn't really a lie, if you actually believe in it yourself."??????????????? Hmmmmmmmmmm???
    quote:But as is the case with so many other taboos, the sexual taboos are crumbling (and we maybe get new ones instead?).
    Yes! But like evolution itself, changing sexual attitudes here in the US has been and will continue to be a slow process. Sex ed was actually taught for one whole half semester my senior year of high school back in 1981. There is sex everywhere, but it's still an un-spoken subject on a more serious level. It's common on TV, movies and music, but was treated as something that we shouldn't discuss for so long that it's taking time to change the attitude of the general population.

The sexual ego of the American male will certainly take even longer to change!!!!!!!!!
    quote:Only don't look to Sweden. It's too much like America this way.
    So, it's not just Americans????

Train returns

Sad to say. Sweden and US are very alike in some respects. But then Sweden is a bit special for the european community.

I guess the main reason is, that we have a small, but extremely noisy group of hard-core calvinists here. Nowadays it's a bit better, but before they seemed to be just everywhere, f.ex. being represented in the swedish parliament with five times their number in the general population statistics (25/5%).

On principle they are against anything, which could be even slightly fun, with the possible exception of coffee and creamcakes.

And they have some very unchristian fascination for collecting money.
    Does it sound familiar?

The rest of northwest Europe is quite civilised, with some lovely women I will return my attention to, next time such will be on the program.

Yes, avid readers, there is a tad bit more here, on the "pschobabbling" thread, than over the top postings about the human psyche and how it relates to FSU/MOB dating using a plethora of eight syllable words that contain upwards of twenty consonants with only two vowels, within run-on sentences that take up a whole paragragh, when five or six four letter words would have proven more than sufficient to make the point. In other words... We like to have fun too! See!!! six words, and none more than four letters long![)]

We have the on-going saga of our heroine (not to be confused with heroin without the "e" on the end, which is the drug my ex-junkie wh@re girl friend chose over me causing me to become such a bitter sod), and favorite little FSU scam artist, transsexual, and somewhat sexually permissive trollop, who is fascinated with swimming pools... Elena (formerly known as Boris).

Fade in to a sleeping Elena as she awakens from her contented slumbers on the bathroom floor (she fell off the cot) surrounded by swimming pools...

She stands, stretches and yawns as she lifts the toilet seat and reaches for the man part which she no longer possesses to take her morning pee as she used to do when she was Boris. Fortunately, she realizes her faux pas before making a mess and assumes the proper seated position required by her recently aquired gender.

Unfortunately, she forgot to put the toilet seat back down! Now stuck in the bowl, with her well sculpted posterior (thanks to the sex change surgeon) soaking in her own urine, she decides to make the best of the situation until her newly hired Turkish maid comes to clean and can pull her out, and picks up her laptop which is never more than an arms length away.

She logs on to her favorite site and after deleting messages from the two doctors in Iowa, picks out a new target.

"Hmmmmmmmmm this Eustace Haney guy looks promising...", she thinks to herself. But, she decides against it and goes to one of the other fourteen sites she has profiles on.

After six tries at logging on, she finally remembers what name she used (Alena) to fill out her profile and checks her messages. BINGO!!! She sends her pre-written introduction letter in response.

Meanwhile, back in Iowa...

...Recently separated and still itchy Dr. No. 1, who has decided to place a profile ad using a different name, hears "You've got mail" from his computer...

Yes folks, I'm well into my Saturday night 30 pack of beer (for you international guys, in the US, 24 in a standard case just wasn't enough) and the literary genius is flowing from my fingers!!!

Oh, and the beep guy is on union break so I'm doing the best I can.

Typing with one hand and scratching with the other, the doc sends his reply. Can you see the irony here?

The maid has arrived, and Elena is free of her porcelain prison! But her bum has been soaking in urine for hours so back to the shower she goes... All I can say here is that the surgeon did one heck of a job!!! Oh my God! Look at her beep beep and her beep and what a spectacular beep beep beep!!! Union break is over.

Train returns

Ha, PeopleS

you should try my homemade beer. It's not quite whiskey, but one day
    it'll grow up, and then......

Now you've got E/Alena out of the bathroom, and I must say in a quite economical way, without using too many beebs, I hope we can have next week's episode instead of the "Behind the scene" (there's nothing so uninteresting as "Behind the scene"-scenes).

You, our faithful and overbearing audience, will in the near future be introduced to a new character: Biorn Biornssonssonsson. He will meet Elena/Alina or whatever she'll call herself then. But ofcourse everybody will sooner or later meet Elena, if they hang around cyberdating long enough.

Have a nice evening, PeopleS and everybody. We like the personal touch here at psychobabbling.

Hey swede! Maybe one of these days I'll take you up on that offer of a beer or 10 or 30!!!

Out of courtesy, I try to keep my postings within the basic civil guidelines that you establish when you started this thread (my mommy taught me that), and as the saga of Elena goes, you ARE the lead writer!!![)][:0][)][)] I simply try to follow your lead my friend! But as for Biorn (I always thought it was spelled Bjorn? My only knowledge of the name is that of the tennis star of the 70s), let's see.......

Fade back in... As Elena rinses the lather from her magnificently surgically sculpted, liposuctioned and silicone enhanced body, the phone, which she doesn't have, rings...

Now remembering a "date" she had made previously (before her bum became wedge in the lew), she rushes to the phone disregarding the water dripping from her bouncy jiggleys and other places that were maticulously shaved while showering.

"Boris... I mean Elena, it's Sergie, your friend Biorn is here at the cafe waiting for you."

Boris... I mean Elena, quickly dresses in a short, tight dress that barely covers her hot pink thong, thigh high boots with six inch stiletto heels and the compuslory push-up bra (as if she needs it... thanks sex change surgeon), a fur coat made from dyed rat pelts and hurries to the cafe in her new Masseratti (thanks Iowa doctors!), knowing her hair will be blow dried along the way... Fade to black.

At this point, I will skip ahead, since the stupid crap that happens at the cafe will bore you more than it'll bore me to write it!
    Besides, the beep (I had to pay out of my own pocket for that beep) union beep guy is on strike and being well into my 30 pack, I fear I may loose the ability to self-censor...

But needless to say, granny's virtual heart is heading toward another overload!!!

Train returns

quote: My correspondence with my FSUW has been very honest from my end. I live in an apartment, not a big house with a swimming pool. I'm a commercial HVAC service tech, not a banker or the owner of the company. I'm far from rich, but I do pretty good. Not millions, but a couple thousand in the bank and 4 undeposited paychecks in my wallet because I don't need to worry about making deposits every week to barely cover my bills.

Too many men will lie to these girls about finances etc, to make themselves more desirable, and end up looking like fools when they meet the girl who thinks her man is a millionaire, when reality is he borrowed the money for the trip from his parents because even the bank would lend him money. It's no different than a guy going to meet his 5'9" 120 lb model and finding her to be 5'2" and 140 lbs.
    abnormal psychology is really fascinating.
    I mentioned elsewhere the wild compulsion many people feel to lie, misrepresent and bend reality.
    The janitor becomes the principal (misrepresentation);
    The hamburger flipper at Mac D burger joint claims to be "assistant manager for a billionaire company" (misrepresentation);
    A bum living in a mobile home on welfare and occasional welding jobs claims to be a millionaire neurosurgeon ( flat out lie & reality bending )...
    Since most women ask you first what your job is, or which car do you drive (your job= what your income might be, not your education. You can be triple Ph.D and earn squats ), weak-minded men are led to lie...then another lie to cover the first one...
    Others are lost cases of a sociopath who truly believes he will pupate into the affluent, hard-bodied playboy of his delusion soon enough...so he isn't lying...
    What really makes me sick is the morbid care most of these clowns put into carving their online (fake) personae...
    The lawyer who claims his pre-nups cannot be challenged in court, while every homeless drunkard read on the newspapers he uses for insulation that even contracts by billionaire companies and wills by celebrities do get tested and changed in court, as if celebrities and billionaire companies hadn't good lawyers... EU sued Microsoft a fortune, so perhaps that gullible mr. Gates would need to hire our "online legal eagle"...
    PFFT!
    [xx(][)]
    What's worst, they always find idiots giving them credit...
    A 17yo clueless wop kid used for ages to act as "super moderator" on a very large fitness site, posing as sort of training guru & athlete and suggesting steroid and drugs usages and concoctions.
    Before you puke, he didn't fool only 13yo kids, but many dealers even sent him steroids and chemicals "to test" so he'd "recommend" them online or something...
    A 17yo wop kid?
    PFFT!
    [)][xx(]

Hi Ham,

as you probably can guess, I share your fascination for abnormal psychology. If we extend the meaning of abNORMAL. (Norm=normal being an expression of "average"), the question is, whether most of humanity is abnormal. A lot of our behaviour certainly doesn't seem rational.

Hope you know, that I respect your knowledge and your conclusions, so don't take the following as impertinent. Your observations seems to be on a pragmatic level, and you some days ago expressed a reluctance as to the possibility of delving deeper into human psychology. Personally I feel it's constructive to go further into this subject. Admittedly we haven't got all the answers, but we have enough knowledge to make some needed changes. Ofcourse including a functional application.

We have both seen guys on various anti-scam sites, who first report that they have been scammed either at a one-to-one basis or by a dating agency. And then go on: "But I've found THIS girl, agency or whatever, and it looks more straight or promising, so I'll give it a try".

Seen from the outside it seems to me, that most of the proposed next and better version of women or agencies are just as bad as the old ones. And hopefully without insulting anyone, I find it encredible naive, that none of the romantically inclined men can't see this.

This willingness to be conned is an expression of something in the individual psychology, and it would be very valuable to find the whys and hows of it. The actual scamming is just an outer symptom. Taking the symptoms away is ofcourse better than nothing, but it doesn't "cure" the mental dysfunction behind it.

I propose, that our former discussion of reptile behaviour (mostly in connection with social interaction) also can be useful when talking about individual psychology. Making the same distinction between needs and drives as we did before. Needs (survival and mating) being so deeply rooted as to be immovable, but the psychologically drives somewhat changing according to your background culture.

The survival-need in the industrialised nations is now a less pressing problem, than it was before. But the mating-need is still the same, and it's gratification is maybe even more difficult now, than it used to be.

"In the sixties we didn't talk so much about sex, but you could always find a partner. Now everybody talks about it all the time, but you can't get laid" (said in the late nineties).

The central point is how mating/sex is approached. From the instinctive NEED to the way the psychological DRIVE is (mis)used. Especially the latter is flexible in social contexts and have been used for a lot of more or less noble purposes in social engineering; from religions suppressing it to commercials using subliminal manipulation proposing sexual implications.

PeopleS: The beebs used in 'The story of Elena' are very politically correct. They are ecologically recyclable, and when finally discarded completely biodegradable. So don't buy more yourself, but re-use the old ones.

quote: Your observations seems to be on a pragmatic level, and you some days ago expressed a reluctance as to the possibility of delving deeper into human psychology.
    In many cases it is possible to explain duplicitous behaviour rationally in terms of both tangible and non-tangible goods: money, favors, acclaim. I can understand that.
    But I also met many braggarts and liars (especially online ) who don't seem to make a "rational choice" when they lie and engage in elaborate fantasies.
    I mean what unearnt advantage do they get, if not soothing a chipped shoulder the size of Venus?

quote: We have both seen guys on various anti-scam sites, who first report that they have been scammed either at a one-to-one basis or by a dating agency. And then go on: "But I've found THIS girl, agency or whatever, and it looks more straight or promising, so I'll give it a try".
    People are gullible...if the first tonic didn't regrow hair, maybe the new one will.
    That's why people keep voting parties that promise best worlds of all, siphon billions in taxes but fail to deliver, while crooks in power buy villas and bathe in coded accounts stuffed with tax-free cash, in the face of the unwashed they inspirit with empty discourses about best of worlds to come...
    Taxes?
    They say progressive taxation is the embodiment of the solomonic wisdom of the scum prophet or demi-god of the day who loves us all as equals, yet governments and international organizations made a priority of THEIR royal monies being tax-free...
    Can you explain that?

quote: This willingness to be conned
    I think most are just scared the solution is there might be no solution.