Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Thread: psychobabbling

Default psychobabbling

After some initial doubt, I've for several reasons decided to start this topic. Most likely it will die a silent and unmourned death. We shall see.

First I want myself and the closet-sextourists to get out of each others' hair. I can't abide the fourletter words, the bad spelling, braggings and "I almost made it" stories, spiced with expressions like "hot babes" etc. On the other hand the !!!!WOW!!! types do not like words with many syl-lab-les, so here such is concentrated in one place, which they can avoid. In other words, the contributers to this topic can, without interference, bore each other to death, if we wish to.

Next: Having a soft spot for conspiracy theories I'm convinced, that not only anti-scammers read anti-scam sites, a lot of other groups do it also. The scammers themselves, agency representatives, ultrafeminists (just-hating-men-on-general-principles), chatters (having nothing to say, but doing it with many words) and those just curious. The possibilty of disinformation is real, but maybe it's possible to suppress it by being longwinded and circumstantial.

And last, the most important. Internet-dating is after all only one aspect of the the eternal "war of the sexes". To understand net-dating, I believe it's necessary to paint a broader background canvas. Say, are we just a bunch of grumpy querulants or is there really a difference between not being able to get along with your next-door childhood love and a FSUW? Where and what is the difference? Even without a computer, a different cultural background or alcoholism, Sue-Ellen could still be a conartist or pro-dater. Especially if she's good-looking.

I'm not completely sceptical about FSU dating (internet or not). In the last app. 18 years I've had three longer relationships (in the biblical sense) with SFUW, lasting alltogether 14 years. These relationships broke up for the same personal reasons, as any other relationships do. And I've had my share of scandinavian psychos. For me the question is the PROBABILITY of meeting "straights" or "bends" in each group.

So I invite for wievs on this. And I have a few proposals for background-basics:

I believe, that we like all other animals fundamentally are biological robots. We have a digestive system with two openings, a need to reproduce and to fight for a place in a predatory system. That's our startingpoint. But compared to other animals, we also have rather complex emotions and intellect. We have a possibility, individually or culturally, to be more than just reptile-brained. And different individuals/cultures/subcultures use this possibility in various degrees.

And I also suggest to sort out the differences between women and men. For the present bunch of probably half-machos it's maybe an idiotic question. But believe me, in this time of unisex, feminism, equal opportunities and so on, the issue has seriously, repeatedly and heatedly been raised, if there IS any difference (in spite of different plumbing and men's inability to get pregnant). I strongly support the idea, that women and men are almost different species, and as in any other contact with ETs, we need a lot of diplomacy to establish peaceful contact.
    Female Scammers from Nigeria, Ghana, Russia, Ukraine and Philippines

Hi Swede!

I Agree, stay tuned to this International Station for new updates!!:-)

Tone

can anyone tell me what happened to the psychobabble thread all of the April and May post have disappeared

can anyone tell me what happened to the psychobabble thread all of the April and May post have disappeared

Don't know. Maybe we offended someone, but I haven't heard anything from anyone. Considering it was the last active and steady thread on the forum, it was kind of pity.

Don't know. Maybe we offended someone, but I haven't heard anything from anyone. Considering it was the last active and steady thread on the forum, it was kind of pity.

Swede,
    Whatever happened too peopleS??

Swede,
    Whatever happened too peopleS??

Haven't heard anything from him either, which had me worried for a while, but I guess, he can take care of himself. He's a great guy.

Haven't heard anything from him either, which had me worried for a while, but I guess, he can take care of himself. He's a great guy.

Wierd? Maybe he is busy learning his Russian. Or maybe the Olgas locked him up in the basement!!