Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Thread: psychobabbling

quote:In any case you'd probably have the same reaction, if you'd suggested a back-rubbing to a fundamentalist christian female. With a slight exaggeration, it's my impression, that some of these people take a bath with their clothes on, because exposed skin is an abomination in the eyes of the un-intelligent designer of the universe.
    Hate to tell you Swede, but born again pu$$y is among the hottest on the planet. These Bible thumppers spend more time thinking about sex than the rest of us put together. When they finally get a chance to have some, look out!

The reason is that sex, for them, is the ultimate forbidden pleasure. Of course sex is great to begin with, but for some reason you add the "I'm probably going to hell for doing this" aspect, and it just puts them over the top... screaming, thrashing, profanity laced, multi-orgasmic, "spank me I'm a naughty girl" whores of Babylon to the last one. Trouble is, they fall in love with you after one throw, and then you've got something stuck to the sole of your shoe for weeks or months afterwards. I got stalked after my last one and I just said no more Evangelical a$$, thank you.

Prometheus,

I couldn't agree more with you about the infamy by deforming things into something they aren't, and especially if it's connected with moneygrabbing. I have an intense dislike for such, and my aversion to almost anything new-age because of this equals my low opinion of politicians and fundamentalistic missionaries. I'm quite with you.

In the case of physical yoga exercises (I have a past with intensive yoga training), even a convinced atheist can benefit from it. The exercises in themselves do not lead to any spiritual insights, and in the original context never was said to do so. That the alternative lifestyle market is flooded with charlatans of all kinds is something, which doesn't come as a surprise for me. I've had contact with various alternative groups for 40+ years, and every year my disgust for the whole thing deepens.

But then you find incompetent carmechanics etc also. When I'm talking about such activities as yoga and tantric sex, I take it for granted, that the thing in question is based on a serious and competent attitude.

Concerning tantric sex I believe, that I have not expressed the opinion, that I exclusively have talked about it with only physical gratification as an aim. I have on a couple of occasions mentioned the spiritual possibilities implied in tantric sex, and that has always been one of my own main motives for practising it.

To be quite correct, I did take a small semantic liberty by genralising and 'revising' tantric sex the way I did. Ofcourse you're right by saying, that formally THE tantric sex-method is something closely associated with the tantric religion. So semantically I stand corrected. On the other hand the tibetan buddhists have annexed some of tantra, and nobody seem to protest much against that. You have any suggestions for a better name? Revisionist tantric sex?

In any case, what I was going to suggest, when I get around to the more precise details, DOES include a spiritual dimension. But I try to keep my prophet/missionary part toned down to a minimum, so if people want to try 'tantric sex' (until we agree on a better name) as a purely physical activity, I'm quite sure it will only make them better people. And in any case successful 'tantric sex' can be a door to better emotions and spirituality. If people want to open that door, is their own decision.

Personally I see 'tantric sex' as a meditation-method, and while 'tantric sex' contains more intrinsic spirituality than f.ex. physical yoga, the purely physical part is only to build up a strong field, from where energy can leap to 'higher' levels.
    Good sex can be fun, and there's no harm in having a meditation-method which is actually pleasant already from the start. Normal meditation can be a bore.

PS We have the hypocritical attitude to sex amongst our local fundamentalist calvinsts here also. But publicly most of them would scream, if they were offered a back-rubbing.

Hey guys! Prometheus, your evaluation of "born agains", is nothing new really. Although, I would hesitate to make this statement about those who are serious about their newly found Christianity since it IS by choice. However, when I was a kid, it was common knowledge that among Catholic school girls, you had a basic left/right split of sorts. There were those who more or less believed in the gospel, some to the point of nunhood, and those who rebelled to the point of nymphomania! Oh yea, I mean knowledge and not hear-say. Camden Catholic was like the Garden of Sexual Eden in my area growing up!!![}][8D]

I haven't commented on this tantric sex topic since I know nothing of it, and am altogether to lazy tonight to bother to google it. Maybe tomorrow? Right now, I'm busy trying to set up a few back ups for my trip, and waiting for my sister to get home. My dad called a little while ago... Apparently, her boss has tickets to game five of the World Series, which has been postponed for the last two nights, and he can't go tomorrow and has offered them to my little sister, who apparently has thought of her big brother, who is going to facilitate an unnecessarily long run-on sentence in order to fully exacerbate the situation to it's fullest possible unendingness, while using words that really have no cognative reason, meaning, nor existence outside of the realm of my own twisted, yet magnanamous mind!

Train returns

Well you have the Phillies PeopleS, and we have the Longhorns. I was only 19 the last time the Phillies won the Series. The Rangers never have. On the football side, I am very curious to see how the Longhorns do against their fourth top ten opponent in as many weeks. If McCoy and company can pull this off, I think a national title is in their future. Trouble is, Lubbock has long been a stumbling block for the Horns. But McCoy has just been incredible this season, even more so than Vince Young in 2005. I hope, I hope, I hope...

Hey guys! Prometheus, to be more acurate, we have the World Series Champion Phillies!!!! I just got home from the game.
    It was great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, by the way, Penn State is number 1!!! Go Lions... Go Joe Pa!!!

Train returns

Paterno is kind of scary to me PeopleS. Somewhere between Dawn of the Living Dead and Night of the Living Dead. They keep a crew on the sidelines to shock him periodically don't they???

Hey guys! No Prometheus, they don't have a crew on the field to shock Joe Pa, but I have heard rumors that there is a small contingient of Lyudmilas wearing cheerleader outfits with really nice pom-poms waiting for him in the coach's office at half time should he require some "assistance" with his playbook or just some general "cheering up"!!![:0][)]

I have to say, it's a bit strange as it gets closer to my trip. My Olga seems genuinely excited about our meeting. She even talks about the fact that she has been given some time off from work so that we can see each other during the daytime so we can take walks together and other "nice" type things.

I find myself continually having to remind myself not to get too darned excited about it though. We all know the old... "if it sounds too good to be true..."[B)]

But, at the same time, I have always said that it is almost impossible that EVERY FSUW is a scammer, gold-digger, pro-dater, etc... And that all a guy who looks for love in the FSU can do is hope he actually finds a "real" girl somewhere in the FSU/MOB dating mess. Maybe, even though she decidedly and most admittedly, IS a bit younger than I was looking for, this girl is the one???

I see that I will have a tough balancing act to look forward to. Showing my interest and trying to express my thoughts and feelings, while keeping my emotions somewhat in check to protect myself from disappointment, yet not appearing to be cold or arrogant.

Her letters aren't overly flowery or filled with declarations of unbridled love for me, a man she has never met. Her letters talk about love, finding love, falling in love etc, basically the same as mine. She does tend to throw in the FSU lust for romance, but not in such a dramatic fashion... at least, not yet!

I admit that this is a slightly confusing situation for me. I also admit that I really seek female companionship at this point in my life, but am still very much afraid of making some stupid @ss mistake as I make this search by getting involved with the wrong girl as I have done in the past.

I also admit that I have had some pretty disturbing thoughts. Hey, I'm not rich by any means, but in the time since I split from my ex, the D.L.H.J.W, I've done okay. I live well within my means. I have a low overhead and sufficient income to enjoy myself without counting pennies before I go out, or worrying about the rent check, thus the two trips to Ukraine this year.

I'd really like to share my affection and comfortable life with a nice girl. Okay, a nice hot looking girl![:I] The thing is that as being alone begins to weigh on my thoughts, the thought of a five year relationship with an FSUW, then a break up doesn't seem so bad if it takes care of the present loneliness. Kind of sad, huh?

The really bad part is that I was thinking the same crap I did when I was a young dumb@ss! After a few years, if she wants to go, okay, b-bye!!! I'll go find another one just like you with the same name and everything so I won't screw up in the throws of passion and call out the wrong name! Pretty sick, huh?[V]

One of the things I've come to realize, is that during my FSU/MOB searching, I've completely forgone American girls and local dating. I don't even bother. It's been more than 9 years since I've hunted locally!

Well, my Olga seems to be real enough, and soon I'll find out for sure. She is so very sweet in her letters without being mushy, and seems almost too perfect. It's scary! On the plane in 12 days!

Train returns

Hi PeopleS,

the difference between the sheepwalkers and the potentially 'aware'/scriptwakened is, that the sheepwalkers usually only move around inside the circle of the paradigms, they are used to. And once they for good or bad have settled into this rut, nothing can make them change voluntarily.

The potentially aware/scriptwakened will often question the limitations, they see around them and strive for something grander, 'truer', deeper etc and be in a conflict situation not only with society and life, but also with themselves. To borrow a word from mysticism, a person striving for understanding tries to transcend him/herself. To discard even the integrated personal parts, which are deemed dysfunctional, and exchange them for something potentially better.

Such a process of change almost always implies inconvenience, even pain. It can even lead to a kind of inner schism, with one part of our totality being at odds with another.

As a simple physical example, to stop smoking, can be used. Most smokers know that tobacco isn't especially healthy, but habit, addiction and hedonistic pleasure makes it difficult to stop. It takes an act of will (whatever 'will' really is?) to turn the balance between smoking/not-smoking.

Sheepwalkers never make such decisions. If they are smokers and tobacco is cheap, they smoke. If our leaders, in all their wisdom, suddenly decides, that tobacco (alcohol, pot etc) is bad for some reason, they take correspondingly steps to prevent the use of it. And the sleepwalkers will slowly adjust and follow.

Non-sheepwalkers usually want to make their own decisions, in spite of the price this sometimes has; even when this manifests as an inner conflict. And at least talking for myself, I can now look back at my life and see, where I often went wrong, when I looked for a partner.

Even for a non-sheepwalker (or 'outsider' as some call it), I'm on the extreme side, but nonetheless there have been routine parts of me, which are so deeply embedded in my body and character, that I succumbed to them. When looking for a woman, I let her outer appearance weight more than her personality. The result has been a long row of occasionally stunningly attractive partners. And while a beautiful, sexually attractive women not necessarily is a dumb bimbo, she usually is so spolied by all the men drooling over her, that she ends up believing, that she has divine dispensation for becoming a raving egocentriac. And no-one can live with a such a person for a longer period.

Knowing this now, and 20 years to late, I can see, that if I ever restart a search for a lifepartner, it will include not only the outside part of the process, finding someone interested in me, but also an inner aspect, where I must keep down my own hedonistic tendencies, by patiently biding my time for someone, who has inner qualities.

I think PeopleS, that you expressed this in an almost poetic way in your post.

Have your present Olga and you ever discussed the 'soap-opera' syndrom?

PS I noticed, that the subject of tantra has turned up on the adds below this thread. Apparantly someone higher up in the forum hierachy IS reading, what we post here and react to it. So I'll return to presenting my version of modified tantra soon.

OUCH! "Thriller in Lubbock! Texas Tech stuns Texas! Harrell-Crabtree hook up for TD with 1 second left to shock No. 1 ?Horns." That pretty much ruined my week.

People. I am happy for you, and wish you well on your trip. I don't believe that every FSUW is a scam artist. I love my FSUW very much, and that is what makes my current situation so painful. You've received the best advice available from people like Swede and me, so you know what you're up against. "Hope for the best, but don't be surprised if the usual occurs."

My beloved left "for the gym" at 9 a.m. on Saturday, then "went to the mall" for the rest of the day. Came home briefly before leaving for "Halloween office party." It's 4 a.m. and I'm still here alone. [xx(] I think the J. Geils Band said it best, "love stinks."

Something weird is happening of a possibly technical character. In my latest post, I twice used the word awakened, but even after an edition, this turns up as 'scriptwakened'?????