Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

quote:Might meet her on summer, she will come to europe on holiday. Yeah, I don't have to go there, she comes here with her own money. How about that?
    Doesn't mean it's not going to become a scam... There's a girl, Tanya or Tatyana (posted on stop-scammers already), who claims to have won a lottery. (I've personally won over 100million GBP in the passed 6 mos, but that's another scam...) Anyway, she's going to pay to come to see you, but then finds out she doesn't have enough for her visa and/or passport, because she has to have money to show that she can pay her way in whatever country you live in, and needs your help. Of course she'll pay you back when she arrives.
    quote:BTW am having lots of fun corresponding with a girl I met on that language exchange site
    Sounds interesting. How much does it cost???

Train returns

Hehehe Peoplesmoks!

That scam has been tried on me also!! I am Sorry to say she was stuck "She Alledges" in Moscow!!

Sincerely,

Tone

Hey Tone! Actually, there's a new scammer out there claiming she is coming to a city near you using a "work visa". She gets stuck in Moscow if you don't help her... She goes by the name Mariya and is posted on the scammer list by [u]stop-scammers.com</u>.

Train returns

I have only been writing to one lady that I met before Christmas at UAladys and is now at UADreams and I have not noticed the style of writing change.

I donīt mind paying the translation fee that many people bitch about, but as this lady is now working in Germany and therefore obviously has a current visa. I would rather she visited me in my home country, or I could visit her in Germany, rather than have to go to Donetsk., a 19 hour flight! Donīt mind paying the agency an introduction fee if this was possible.

j.nichols

If you're aware of the chances you're taking, and your economy allows it, there's no harm in trying.

I find that the worst part is the possibility of hurt emotions. But with
    not too high expectations, that can be avoided also.

Hey j.nichols! The biggest issue here seems no longer to be what YOU want or are willing to spend money to do. Sorry, just being honest and straight forward about it. The real issue is... WHAT DOES THE GIRL WANT???

Okay, let's assume she's NOT a leftover UALadys "ringer", and that she's NOT in Germany working as a prostitute as has been inferred previously...

Have you comminicated with her since she went to Germany, and what does SHE want? We can't be neanderthals about women. What they want really does count whether we like it or not! Does she feel the same as you do about meeting?

And if she agrees, it is always best to go to her. Once you allow the thought of what is EASIER for you to enter your thinking, you are doomed to be scammed. Her coming to you first is almost NEVER a good idea unless she can pay for it herself, which then makes you look like a cheap bastard to a real girl.

The option is to send money for airfare, visa, passport, to someone who may be a scammer???

I hope this irl is real, and that everything works out for you both, but this is a tricky world, FSU/MOB dating. Be careful!!!

Train returns

Hi

Yes we have corresponded twice now, once a week.

Did UALadys have ringers? Any names?

quote:Originally posted by PeopleSmoks

Hey j.nichols! The biggest issue here seems no longer to be what YOU want or are willing to spend money to do. Sorry, just being honest and straight forward about it. The real issue is... WHAT DOES THE GIRL WANT???

Okay, let's assume she's NOT a leftover UALadys "ringer", and that she's NOT in Germany working as a prostitute as has been inferred previously...

Have you comminicated with her since she went to Germany, and what does SHE want? We can't be neanderthals about women. What they want really does count whether we like it or not! Does she feel the same as you do about meeting?

And if she agrees, it is always best to go to her. Once you allow the thought of what is EASIER for you to enter your thinking, you are doomed to be scammed. Her coming to you first is almost NEVER a good idea unless she can pay for it herself, which then makes you look like a cheap bastard to a real girl.

The option is to send money for airfare, visa, passport, to someone who may be a scammer???

I hope this irl is real, and that everything works out for you both, but this is a tricky world, FSU/MOB dating. Be careful!!!

Train returns
    j.nichols

Yes you are right the worst thing is possible hurt emotions

Luckily being an ex racing driver I have learned to control the heart. You have to going into a corner at 240 km/hr.

Thinking of returning to the sport to Formula 3 if I can get sponsorship to cover the running costs. So obviously trying to control my feelings.

Just had an e-mail from Larisa P at UALadys (told them to remove my profile)

Subject: I am interested in you.
    Date: 17 February 2008

quote:Originally posted by swede

If you're aware of the chances you're taking, and your economy allows it, there's no harm in trying.

I find that the worst part is the possibility of hurt emotions. But with
    not too high expectations, that can be avoided also.
    j.nichols

Being an enthusiastic biker myself, I have unfortunately not been able to benefit from that emotionally, so I can handle FSU ladies without risk of hurt.

But everybody probably has his own way through the maze of emotions. And if I ever should have reason to go back to the east, it would be as a tourist (not sex-tourist), with the additional hope that any possible pre-existing contact with a woman there would lead to a more lasting relationship.

FSUW have in some respects an almost multiple personality. They are very attached to their own contry, but at the same time they will do very much to get away from it. They want a higher living standard, but they either despise or are suspicious of the WM trying to supply it.
    They are romantic, but they are at the same time extremely calculating. They are "hausfraus", but generally not especially effective about it (apart from being good mothers. They take good care of their kids).

You have to be at the spot to unravel this somewhat schizoid situation.

quote:Yes we have corresponded twice now, once a week.
    Greetings j.nichols! As long as she also still wants a meeting, then by all means go for it. Either way, it will be best for you to go to her, whether in Donetsk or Germany. And if you make plans to visit for more than a day, go as a tourist (not sex-tourist) as swede says. Have things you can see and do if things don't click with you and your girl, but also things that you might do together should it all work out for you.
    quote:FSUW have in some respects an almost multiple personality.
    I have said before that FSUWs are first and foremost WOMEN!!! It is only some cultural differences that make them different from western women, but the basic mindset is the same. I have read many articles stating that they are very strong-willed, and to some extent, wonderful liars. Sound familiar guys? They seem to be confused about making choices beyond the here and now, but do commit, more or less, once they finally do decide what they want when they realize they simply can't have it all.

We need to know and understand this about them. In Ukraine, 99.9% of men and 95% of women are literate. They take education very seriously. An FSUW that just spent almost two decades of her life learning, and then getting a degree from the university may say she wants to stop and have your babies, but........

Train returns