Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Default Elana, Tambov, Russia

A month ago I received an e-mail from a Russian chick on my gmail account. I never use my real name on that account and I tend to use it when I need to register myself anywhere on the internet. So, while looking at the included picture, I decided to write back to her.

quote:Hello there! Your profile caught my eye and I just decide to drop you
    a few lines... if you are interested to talk to me - please reply!
    I'll be waiting for your letters.
    With best wishes,
    Elena
    That was the first mail I received. Since then, whatever I write to her gets answered. I asked about a lot of things (we wrote 40+ mails to each other by now), she answered everything I asked.
    I still not sure if she's a scammer. She is single, has a good job (although a lie according to a Russian guy I know through the internet), loves her family, doesn't want to leave Russia, doesn't need money and never ever mentioned she likes me, she loves me or something like that. She was however once disappointed when she asked me if we could meet someday. I explained I have no money to fly to Russia (that's true) and then she was disappointed. I apologised to her a couple of times and now everything is back to normal.

So, I'm not sure if this is a scammer... On her job I think she is, on some pictures she send me I think she is (2 pics, one brown-eyed and one blue-eyed girl).

Her job:
    quote: I work at the legal advice office as a family law consultant
    and
    quote:most of people here in Russia get married in summers so it
    means that I have a lot of work with marriage agreements and many
    other different papers.
    From what I understand from the Russian guy I know this:

quote:Just a few hints.

* Tambov is a f****ng dirty hole
    * 99.9 % of Russians don't use services of "marriage lawyers" as the service is supplied by state
    * given two previous points it's safe to presume that 100% of Tambov habitants don't need her services

Hey Emmenaar! First of all welcome to the forums. Now about Elena... I always say that anything is possible, but always remember one simple rule... Don't send her any money for any reason!!!!

Continue to write to her. It doesn't cost you anything more than your basic internet fees right? So at this point, no harm done.
    quote:I explained I have no money to fly to Russia (that's true) and then she was disappointed.
    This part does make her sound like a "gold-digger" though. Come to me, and spend money on me, and buy me gifts, etc....

Train returns

What are your own expectations?

If she's aware, that you're not very wealthy and she still wants contact, you can't loose much as PeopleS said.

I know about scammers, I've been in contact with a Russian chick before and she was a real scammer. And I'm smart enough to keep the money in my pocket.

I'll just keep in touch with her, just like you said, doesn't cost me anything and it's fun :P

I do have contact with another Russian who is a scammer, I'm getting close to the money-asking part, trying to get as much info as possible from her.

"I do have contact with another Russian who is a scammer, I'm getting close to the money-asking part, trying to get as much info as possible from her."

This game can be fun for a while, so enjoy it while it lasts. But after some time, it gets very repetitive, because the scammers only using cyber-contact often stay with readymade clich?es.

quote:This game can be fun for a while, so enjoy it while it lasts. But after some time, it gets very repetitive, because the scammers only using cyber-contact often stay with readymade clich?es.
    Yes, it does!!! That's why I have about a dozen pre-written letters in a stock letter file on my computer! The basic "I'll tell you a little about myself" letter, the "I'll tell you about my family letter", the "Why I won't send money via WU" letter etc...

Let's face it guys, we can tell if the other person is even reading what we wrote by whether questions get answered or not. So make sure you bother to actually answer a few questions, just in case. But, usually scammer letters are filled with questions to 1) make you think the person you're writing to actually cares, and 2) it keeps you back peddling just a bit to try to stay with the subject the scammer initiated.[8D]

Train returns