Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Cowboy Guest

Default How hard is it to bring an FSU woman to USA?

Lets say your self employed and cannot produce IRS documents to verify earnings or refuse to in order to get K1 or K3 visa. What are the ways around this ruling that went into effect in 1997? Why is it the governments buisiness if a citizen brings his wife home? Also how come most foreigners from outside FSU dont have a problem getting a tourist visa? And why is no-one mad as hell over this?

I'd get the woman to meet you in the airport of your country - but don't even think to send her money - you'll never see it. So arrange for an air ticker for her to pickup at her airport. If she doesn't turn up, then you can get a refund (if you buy the right type of ticket) and then you've lost nothing.
    Don't go to her, she probably won't turn up!
    Don't fall in love with words or a photo - behind that screen it's often a man writing - Lugansk, Donetsk region - forget it YOU ARE 100% BEING SCAMMED.
    Ray

ray

Thanks for the warning Ray but read my thread again. I am not talking about scammers. Im talking about INS and visa laws in the USA..................Does any one have an opinion on them?

Cowboy,

The only other way is to go over there and marry her there. Live there for at least 6 months and then go to the US Embassy and file for her green card. None of the K-1 and K-3 papers are required as far as I have been able to determine.

The reason they want that information is that you are committing to her total support, even in the event of a divorce. And to being liable for reimbursing the government for any support they pay for. They want to know if you can afford it. And, there are minimal requirements for income.

Raibeart

By God,

you must be a heavy frustrated guy.
    It seems that you want us to believe that all the Russians and Ukrainian girls are scammers.
    It is the same stupidity as when I say that all Italians are mafioso,
    and that there only interest is f.... a girl.
    Stop doing this, and try to give some normal and good advice.
    We cannot help it that somebody scammed you.
    It is your own stupidity to send large sums without any garantue.

My advice is find yourself a good agency, and arrange it with them, or travel to Russia and see it as a vacation.

Raibeart
    I have thought of marrying in FSU. But I cant produce IRS tax returns if I am asked for them. Do you absolutely need them, to bring your wife home to the USA to live?

Some people think they can order a "mail order bride" the same way you order a pizza. Just send the money and she will come. It doesn't work that way. First of all if she's asking for money it's probably a scam. Even if it's not a scam the US Embassy will not issue her a tourist visa because they just don't do it to single girls. The only way is to go over there and see her in person first. Would you buy a car with only seeing pictures of it in a brochure? So why would you do the same with your wife, presumably the person you're going to spend the rest of your life with.

My experience is that guys who try to do it this way are either cheap or trying to save money. Ladies often use pictures of them even up to 5 years old and do not look the same as in person. That's why you've got to go over and meet at least 10 of them - if not 50 or 100. This may sound like a lot but it's not.

It's not hard to bring a lady over if you've got the money and you can show the US Embassy you are in a financial position to support her.

Hope this helps,
    John

I'm sure it helps somebody, but it does't help me. I'm way past that point. ...Read my origonal post!

Cowboy,

Sorry, but I do not get into the forums often. In what I am doing, there is no paperwork like for the K1 and K3. We can apply at the US Embassy in Moscow for her green card directly.

There is a reason for the paperwork that you are talking about though. When you bring her over here and marry her under a K1 or K3, you sign documents that say you will pay her expenses for 10 years. If you get divorced before that and she goes on welfare or the government spends money on her, you are legally obligated to reimburse them. As far as I know, the way I am doing it, you are not. Also, there are minimum income requirements for what you make before qualifying to use a K1 or K3.

You can write to me off list at rl_stewart@highstream.net if you want to.

Sorry to tell you but , you Will need your Tax forms to bring a woman here to America, I am also self employed, and I did bring my wife on a k-1 visa. K-1 and K-3 visa's are filed here in America by YOU! You will also need proof that you have been to Russia to visit her ( copy of your air ticket, and Photos.
    Thanks
    Johnny Riddle
    Dallas Texas