Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

So..
    how did your meeting go in Saint Petersburg??

to everybody else:
    I recoment to meet in airport... why not?
    bring roses)
    If still scared, then ask your hotel to pick you and her up in airport, cost aprox. $30, but to my opinion a normal Russian woman would suggest you to take march-route tasi 13 to center, or Metro..together with her.. unless she har a car availeble, but normaly they dont have..
    Russians dont travel by normal taxi themself..
    Taxi from airport cost $30 too... to airport 400Rbls...
    so taxi?s in airport are bandits...

about money, dont use/bring cash, use credit cards...Visa-card works everywhere...
    To my opinion you dont need to be so scared about traveling to Russia...its not as bad as people think. There are worse places to travel in this world.
    The worst bandits in Russia are all the fake woman that rip you off without ever meeting you. The ones that invite you to visit are not.
    Thats my experience. The only problem int meeting a woman is normally if she dont like you., but thats the same problem if you meet a woman in your own country..)
    SO go, dress nice, and bring roses,thats a good start!!!un-even numbers!!!1-3-5-7...roses.. very important!! even numbers are for funerals!!!!

quote:Originally posted by ptrjnthn

I am meeting a woman at Saint Petersburg airport in June. She recommended that I meet her there. I wasn't suspicious until I heard many "horror" stories about how dangerous this situation can turn. I thought, as she suggested, that it would be better for me (as a stranger in a strange land)to have some one receive me at the airport. She hasn't once asked for money, and said that it is up to me where we meet. What do you think? I have some anti-scamming experience, but this one's a toughy![?]

ptrjnthn

Krasno, My trip to St. Petersburg was great! I am thankful that she met me at the airport, because I would have been lost. She was wonderful, and her family was very kind.

ptrjnthn

quote:Originally posted by ptrjnthn

I am meeting a woman at Saint Petersburg airport in June. She recommended that I meet her there. I wasn't suspicious until I heard many "horror" stories about how dangerous this situation can turn. I thought, as she suggested, that it would be better for me (as a stranger in a strange land)to have some one receive me at the airport. She hasn't once asked for money, and said that it is up to me where we meet. What do you think? I have some anti-scamming experience, but this one's a toughy![?]

ptrjnthn

Krasno is on target. You've been there. But, I used cash and credit. Crisp, new $100 dollar bills is the cash I had between belt and neck wallet. Exchanged with the "boys on the corner" and got a good rate with no service fee. My buddy had a card and it was stolen. Not really his fault, they were reallllly good! So I had to help him out of a bind for a few days until things got straightened out. But, you are correct, it is not as unsafe as people might think. One has to use his head and don't get yourself in bad situations. I prefer to stay in a "yellow zone" and be aware of all that is around me, coming and going. And that is different than say Atlanta, New York, L.A., or Denver how??? Exactly! I did learn to avoid the police. They never intimidated me, but, they did try to lighten my money clip a couple of times for say...fourty bucks, because my papers were not in order. LOL. It helped to have an emergency number of a friend, Misha. "Who's Misha?" they would ask. "You call number and ask Misha who he is! And then you will know!" (Laughing) Misha only worked in travel agency, but, they were not willing to risk finding out. LOL! Also, I coppied their badge numbers down. They went from being intimidators to being intimidated. In the end, I thanked them, bid them a good day and left. I can't wait for my next trip! I have learned that if I go expecting great romance, it is disappointing. Go for the expeirience! While there, enjoy the romance! It is truly romantic there. And the women are romantic, brilliant, beautiful from the inside out. I have met women there that due to their inner beauty, have given me butterflies in my stomach. Those who have been there "KNOW" what I'm talking about! And those that are hesitant to go are foolish if you don't! You will experience women with an orah that can not be put to words by any man! I am not talking about sexual magnatism. It's much deeper than that. This is how I know that my soul mate awaits me to find her there. I'm not unattractive by any means, but I have NEVER had a woman look at me the way I've had Russian women look at me. My buddy always looked to me for help. He was more into a photo model. There is where the trouble for him lay. In person, I could tell a scammer. It was in her orah. The softness of her eyes, the purity of her voice. I could tell if it was that of shallow seduction or the true and honest search for happiness. Don't go to Russia to get laid. You can find that anywhere. If you are serious about finding your other half, you will discover the most passionate, dedicated and faithful women on the planet. Remember, all that sparkles does not shine. To all, good luck with your quest. I can't wait until my next visit! Scott(roknhop).