Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    nick20045 Guest

Default need some info please. about going to russia

ok. i am ready to take the plunge. i have somebody who i want to meet. have arranged as follows:

first meet one week. mainly to establish if like each other and if want to go ahead or not. will be there for one week. at least if not compatibile can come back after one week.

if first meet is ok, then will go again and stay longer.

so i need to apply for a multiple entry visa. have read on the russian internet sight. before i send application off can i ask for some advise please?

i have read about the application form (i have all the information). i can easily go to london and take with me enough money to make sure i can get visa

but this thing about visa registration in russia has got me all confused!!!!!

is there anybody who can please explain to me step by step what i need to do?

lets imagine i have a multiple entry visa....... what do i do when i arrive in russia? i come off the airplane. i go through passport and customs........ i am in lounge. she is there to meet me. we are going to Vyborg.

now what next????

to be or not to be. that is the question.

I'm sorry, but I've got to add two cents worth! Have you thought about greeting her at least with a hug. (and possibly a kiss)

Randolph J Peters

We have yet to know if she speaks English as you may need a translator and they cost about $7.00 USD per hour. Are you prepared to stay over night in Moscow or have you looked into the schedule of the train? Have you thought about housing or are you going cold turkey to stay with her? Rental of an apartment is cheap and gives you both some privacy if she lives with or lives with family.

I am going to Russia in Oct. First you need a passport from your own country. Next is a certified letter of invitation available from a Russian travel agent ($135) After that arrives to you then you have to send your passport and this letter to your local Russian embassy to get a visa to enter Russia. This all takes a lot of time and patience. Do not think you can travel in a month. I have been working on my trip and all necessary since May.

Actually, going to Russia is not time consuming or difficult at all. You can go to www.g3visas.com and they can get the visa and the letter of invitation back to you SAME DAY if you like. Just a few clicks and they do all the work for you. The quicker you need things done, the more it will cost you, but same day is $480.00, 5 business day is $260.00, etc. I've been to Russia plenty of times...3 times within the last 9 months, and I continue to apply for single entry visas. No problem.

quote:Originally posted by toymaker

We have yet to know if she speaks English as you may need a translator and they cost about $7.00 USD per hour. Are you prepared to stay over night in Moscow or have you looked into the schedule of the train? Have you thought about housing or are you going cold turkey to stay with her? Rental of an apartment is cheap and gives you both some privacy if she lives with or lives with family.
    she speaks english. quite well actually (there is the odd word she gets wrong but can get the idea of what she means). have talked to her on the phone. (she works as a nurse)

she is prepared to come to Moscow airport to meet me. then we stay 2 nights in Moscow. after that she will help me get to Vyborg. she has one daughter who is 16. said she will stay with me in the hotels so we spend as much time as possible. did offer to book an apartment but i prefer a hotel (in case her cooking kills me. LOL)

I am going to Russia in Oct. First you need a passport from your own country. Next is a certified letter of invitation available from a Russian travel agent ($135) After that arrives to you then you have to send your passport and this letter to your local Russian embassy to get a visa to enter Russia. This all takes a lot of time and patience. Do not think you can travel in a month. I have been working on my trip and all necessary since May.
    from what i understand, a postal application takes over 7 days. if go personally can get visa same day in London.

certified letter as far as i know i do not need because i have a letter from her with her address, telephone number and all the information. i am using her address as address in Russia.

flight tickets i can book on the internet. then again, i used to work in travel. can go to somebody like british airways or klm and get a printout of a flight booking even if fake as evidence.

thanks for info.

quote:Originally posted by zedralf

Actually, going to Russia is not time consuming or difficult at all. You can go to www.g3visas.com and they can get the visa and the letter of invitation back to you SAME DAY if you like. Just a few clicks and they do all the work for you. The quicker you need things done, the more it will cost you, but same day is $480.00, 5 business day is $260.00, etc. I've been to Russia plenty of times...3 times within the last 9 months, and I continue to apply for single entry visas. No problem.
    why not get a multiple entry? for english people it is UK?30 for single. multiple is UK?100

also if you like to use an agent i found this one. think he is slightly cheaper. http://www.travcour.com/travcour-company-profile.html but i fail to see why pay such monies. even if he had to sit in the embassy until it is done (they are only open half day) that is a lot of money for just 4 hours work!!!!!

As I am from Canada, I was explaining the way I have to go to get to Russia. The letter of invitation , I beleive is a necessity for everyone entering, and is available from a Russian Travel Agency. We do not have a Russian Embassy in Winnipeg for the visa , by mail only to Ottawa registered mail and registered return $75. CDN. Plus embassy fees.2 weeks normal delivery but express is $325.00 if you want to spend the money. I had to express mail a letter with the invitation to me from Russia and it was an unbeleivable cost of 80 USD. Cannot see the money grabbing getting any better.
    Though England being a large european hub for travellers then things would be more convenient to British people but for us foreigners , we have to do how our gov't says. Time consuming but what can a person do?

As I am from Canada, I was explaining the way I have to go to get to Russia. The letter of invitation , I beleive is a necessity for everyone entering, and is available from a Russian Travel Agency. We do not have a Russian Embassy in Winnipeg for the visa , by mail only to Ottawa registered mail and registered return $75. CDN. Plus embassy fees.2 weeks normal delivery but express is $325.00 if you want to spend the money. I had to express mail a letter with the invitation to me from Russia and it was an unbeleivable cost of 80 USD. Cannot see the money grabbing getting any better.
    Though England being a large european hub for travellers then things would be more convenient to British people but for us foreigners , we have to do how our gov't says. Time consuming but what can a person do?
    thanks for the info. question is "from a Russian travel agency". that is one part i cannot understand. how am i to find a Russian travel agency in England!!!!