Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

you cannot. You google visas and follow promps to find a address to email one. I will give you one. i used. larisa73@list.ru. Tell her Terry sent you.

here is one for you that i am using and up to now the service is excellent. the branch in the uk is http://www.realrussia.co.uk/

http://www.realrussia.co.uk/usaservices.asp

they do the invitation, take the passport to embassy and do all the work for you. and look at the prices.!!!!

to be or not to be. that is the question.

To answer the question in your first post, within 3 business days you have to register at the local office of the "OVIR" (Office of Visas and Registration). This is actually a branch of the local police precinct. You fill out a small form, take it to pay some small fee, and they put a stamp in your visa. It's required because if anything happens to you during your stay, they will know an address from which to start looking for you.

If you're flying on to Vyborg, you register with the local Vyborg OVIR after you get there.

thanks for the info. got the visa and the ticket. problem is the one i was supposed to meet for vyborg has vanished!

not to worry. got another one lined up and she is in moscow. darned women. they are like busses. i wait and they go by and never stop to let me get on.

to all russian scammers: i am somewhat of a bullshi*ter myself but i do like to listen to a professional. please carry on

Forgot all about this stamp.
    Costed me 500 roubles at the airport to be able to leave Russia again

quote:Originally posted by babe_in_rusland

To answer the question in your first post, within 3 business days you have to register at the local office of the "OVIR" (Office of Visas and Registration). This is actually a branch of the local police precinct. You fill out a small form, take it to pay some small fee, and they put a stamp in your visa. It's required because if anything happens to you during your stay, they will know an address from which to start looking for you.

If you're flying on to Vyborg, you register with the local Vyborg OVIR after you get there.