Stop-Scammers.com Forum Search Report Female Scammers  

Go Back   Stop-Scammers.com Forum > Scam-related reviews of the dating sites > Scam dating site or not?

Old 02-03-2012, 01:45 PM

frederick is on a distinguished road
Default USSR-Star.com

There is a site called USSR-Star.com that mostly offers women from the Ukraine and some from Russia. I put up a stupid profile and photo and get 12 to 15 kisses or letters a day for the last month. I paid $20 to get two of the emails and then write back. They say you can exchange email address, etc. but the two women I picked said they are advanced English speakers and writers, but they wrote back thru the USSR-Star site so I would have to pay $5 more. I questioned the administrators and they say it takes time for the women to write back themselves. All of the women are beautiful. I think it's all computer generated and you could spend a lot of money trhying to communicate. Do you know this operation?
Old 03-27-2014, 09:26 PM

DTC is on a distinguished road
Default Re: USSR-Star.com

I tried USSR-STAR with almost the same experience. I saw several women also have profile in charmingdate.com website. Some of these women emailed me in USSR-STAR, two of the women emailed to my private account, but others tried to funnel me back into USSR-STAR to continue our communication. Once I am out of credits, I will cease to participate in this website. I figure if those women whom I communicated with really want to be with me, now that they have my contact information, they know how to find me. I suspect the site operators may be harassing these women for producing revenue from men in order to stay in there.

The super expensive charmingdate.com website isn't any better. They require you to stay in there for at least three months, which you can spend a lot of money before you are allowed to buy contacts. Similarly, I ran into questionable profiles and the site operators refused to take responsibilities. Often you can find the same women profiles in the free VK.com website, to double check their identities. I noticed that if a woman look like a super model, she probably is, and if can find her in VK, email her, double check if that is really her profile. Most likely you will find some other person is using her photos in these websites to make money for the websites. In other words: scams.

If you are really serious in finding a Russian / Ukrainian mate, now that I know what I know, you are better off paying more for a personal professional introduction service, or better yet, move there for 6 months to a year, find someone there in person. Otherwise the chances are you will be continue to sink money into a black hole with no results.

I rate USSR-STAR and charmingdate websites the same: 60% scam profiles, 40% valid profiles. Both can cost you a lot of money in a short period of time.

If you are doing this as an entertainment, no problem. If you are serious, then there is no short cuts, and the risks are too great. You need to participate more in person rather than continuing pay money into a website like a video game.